BUILD YOUR BUSINESS BETTER
Designations are an important part of building and attracting new clients. We’ve partnered with industry leaders to offer you the designations below.
IMPORTANT! Please complete your CE purchase before choosing any of the below. These designations are offered through third-party providers and you will be directed to independent websites to purchase.
The Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Designation Core Course establishes a foundation of training, skills, and resources to help you succeed as a buyer’s representative. This course is specifically designed to help you:
- Conduct a buyer counseling session
- Sign buyer clients to a written buyer representation agreement
- Provide exceptional service
- Negotiate buyer clients’ offers
- Bring the transaction to a successful close
This two-day online course incorporates peer-to-peer discussion forums and a downloadable Student Manual, which includes buyer representation checklists, forms, and worksheets that can help students organize and streamline their day-to-day buyer representation tasks and responsibilities. This course also features specific guidance from leading buyer representation experts Lynn Madison, Adorna Carroll, and Robert Morris. End-of-module quizzes reinforce key concepts and help students prepare for a completion exam at the end of the course.
At Home With Diversity® is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches how real estate professionals can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends. Additionally, you will learn to thrive as an effective service provider and community leader. The course addresses issues of diversity, fair housing, and cultural differences. All three subjects are closely related and have value for real estate professionals who serve diverse local markets.
- Access and analyze U.S. demographic information to understand the impact of current trends on the real estate industry
- Examine cultural stereotypes, assumptions, and biases to increase awareness of such thoughts and attitudes, and learn how to value individual differences
- Explain how inclusion is the aim of diversity sensitivity, and how it will increase business and enhance risk management
- Communicate more effectively, and provide equal service to clients in their multicultural local markets
- Apply and practice the One America Principles and fair housing laws
- Build and expand the understanding of cultural differences
- Develop professional and sensitive guidelines for working with people of different cultures
- Identify personal objectives and review potential strategies to create business plans that include diversity
Help achieve the American Dream for those who fought to defend it.
"Did you serve?™" Every real estate agent has a responsibility to provide the best home-buying resources and services available to his or her client. By asking this simple question, you can open up a world of possibilities for a veteran looking to buy a home. Will you ask every client, every time?
Benefits of the Did you serve? Certification:
- World-class education including opportunity to earn Continuing Education credit*
- Powerful marketing support featuring customizable print and online marketing
- Reviewed by retired leaders of each branch military service to verify credibility
This course offers a broad overview of the basics of commercial real estate and how it differs from residential real estate. Students will be able to compare (distinguish or understand) the Broker’s role and discover the different types of commercial properties, terms, valuation methods, marketing and resources for further education. While it will not equip an agent with the needed tools to practice commercial real estate, it will explain the business and introduce many of the resources needed to pursue a commercial transaction or a career in commercial real estate.
This is an ideal introductory course for those who are newly licensed and/or residential agents who want to learn more about commercial real estate.
This Data Security and Privacy Course aims to educate real estate associations, Brokers, agents, and multiple listing services about the need for data security and privacy, and to assist them in complying with legal responsibilities.
The course provides information about state laws and pending federal regulations regarding data security and privacy protection that may affect your business. In regards to compliance, the course includes various checklists of issues to consider when drafting a security program tailored to your business’s needs.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to security and compliance, but the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®(NAR) aims to provide your real estate business with the tools necessary for developing a program that best suits your business.
NAR's new e-PRO® curriculum shows you how to use the latest social media technologies, such as Facebook and Twitter, to create an online presence vital to reaching today's hyper-connected consumers. e-PRO® also teaches you how to take advantage of rich media and e-office strategies to run your business more efficiently.
By becoming an e-PRO®, you not only prove to consumers that you use the most advanced real estate technology to provide exceptional service, you also take the lead in your market with the many benefits the e-PRO® certification offers your business including:
- Use of the e-PRO® logo and name
- Differentiation at Realtor.org and at Realtor.com®
- Customizable e-PRO® marketing materials
- Searchable and modifiable e-PRO® online profile
- Free e-PRO® webinars Increased industry networking opportunities
When military staff and their families relocate, the services of a real estate professional who understands their needs and timetables makes the transfer easier, faster, and less stressful. This certification focuses on educating real estate professionals about working with current and former military service members to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs and take full advantage of military benefits and support.
Students will learn how to provide the real estate services—at any stage in the service member’s military career—that meet the needs of this niche market and win future referrals. Hone in your knowledge and skills for working with active-duty military buyers and sellers, as well as veterans with the NAR's Military Relocation Professional Certification.
Earning NAR's MRP certification provides a number of important benefits, in addition to the knowledge you receive from taking the Military Relocation Professional Core Course. Benefits include:
- Education in classroom and online formats that teach you how to work with current and former military service members to find the housing solutions that best suit their needs
- Use of the MRP logo and marketing materials to promote your certification
- Free Webinars that you can download anytime and anywhere
- Downloadable MRP certificate
- Differentiation as an MRP at REALTOR.org and realtor.com®
- Access to an exclusive online network to locate other Military Relocation Professionals for referrals and to share ideas.
- Quarterly e-Newsletter
- MRP lapel pin available for purchase through the REALTOR® Team Store
Do you think your marketing plans and strategies at the height of the boom work as well for you today as they did then? Think again. It's time to reconsider how you promote yourself and attract new business. It's time for a real estate marketing REBOOT.
In this one-day course, students will revisit marketing fundamentals, branding, and relationship marketing with an emphasis on electronic tools, social media, blogs, Twitter, podcasts, really simple syndication (RSS) feeds, website search engine optimization (SEO), and other technologies. Practical tips, in addition to examples of how agents leverage these tools in the field, make this course a must for all real estate professionals.
One of the reasons that licensees fail or only achieve modest success is their inability to focus on the consumer's needs and to market their services accordingly. In the past, marketing courses have dealt with marketing the seller's property as opposed to marketing specifically to the buyer. Structured to inspire novel marketing approaches to create a personal "brand," this course encourages students to look everywhere for differentiating marketing opportunities that grab the attention of buyers.
The Real Estate Marketing Reboot Course counts as one REBAC elective course to be applied towards the ABR®Designation.
For more information, visit www.REBAC.net.
This course covers the basics of working with sellers and buyers of REO properties. The goal of the course is to enable real estate professionals to participate in and take advantage of business opportunities presented by the REO property market. The course focuses on single-family homes and small multi-family properties.
Learn about the REO business – from listing to marketing, monitoring, and closing REO transactions – and how to represent the buyers of REO properties.
The REO Course counts as one REBAC elective course to be applied towards the ABR® Designation.
Realtors Property Resource® (RPRTM) is NAR's exclusive online real estate database and provides REALTORS® with information on every parcel of property in the United States as well as a robust portfolio of market trend data, advanced analytical reports, and detailed maps.
In this course, you will learn how automated valuation models (AVMs) may influence consumers' online real estate research efforts. You will also learn how REALTORS® can leverage the full analytical power of the RPRTM in their listing presentations and buyer counseling sessions. Specific scripts and step-by-step instructions on how to run the seller's report, property report, and market activity report are included.
To see if your MLS has signed up for RPRTM, please visit http://blog.narrpr.com
For more information about RPR and the benefits available to agents, brokers, associations, appraisers, and MLSs, visit http://blog.narrpr.com
Baby Boomers represent the largest and wealthiest group of buyers and sellers in the country. Understand what motivates this growing market and how to address their needs with the prestigious SRES® (Seniors Real Estate Specialist®) designation.
This two-day training program offers real estate agents the unique opportunity to learn and build key skills in counseling adults age 50+ through selling their family home, buying rental property, moving to a senior community, and many other issues. Seniors Real Estate Specialists® learn how to:
- Identify the power of generational demographics
- Develop and maintain relationship marketing skills
- Counsel rather than sell to the 50+ market
- Distinguish the key differences in housing options
- Understand the implications of tax laws, probate and estate planning
Although historically low interest rates, pent-up buyer demand, and tight inventory levels resulted in price appreciation in many markets, more than 5.3 million US homeowners still owe more than their homes are worth. While this number is down from 15.3 million homeowners experiencing negative equity, as measured in the second quarter of 2012, it is anticipated that with current trends in appreciation it will still take years for some homeowners to reach a positive equity position.
This course is specifically designed to show how the real estate professional can serve as a resource for buyers and sellers in the brokerage of distressed properties. Real estate professionals play an invaluable role in helping homeowners and homebuyers navigate these transactions and, as a result, real estate professionals can help contribute to the real estate recovery in their markets.